Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Down and still counting

It's been about 2 and 1/2 weeks since I've written anything.....but I am happy to report I am still going strong! 

Last week was difficult.  I was on the road for 2 full days and out of town staying in a B & B for 4 days, eating almost every meal out.  I was also out of routine.  I am a routine oriented person, a little set in my ways since I have gotten older, but I had a great time and it was so worth it.  My son graduated, and I was probably the most proud mom on the planet. 

I stuck to the plan while driving on the way out there and on the way back.  It was Monday's all you can eat mexican buffet lunch that I probably ate too much of.  I stayed away from the cheese, started with salad, but still ate alot of meat.  Once again I was uncomfortably full.  Then we went to Pizza Hut for dinner.   I am a pizza junkie.  I love it all.  However, I limited myself to 2 slices of thin crust pepperoni instead of half of the supreme with extra cheese.   Tuesday lunch was a bit better, salad from Sonic with grilled chicken.   However, dinner was a bit over the edge.  They brought out hot bread with real butter.....and you probably know the rest of that story.  I did have a salad from the most awesome salad bar I have ever seen.  Then I ordered green chili stew for dinner, and they brought out more hot bread with butter.  It was really good. 

And now for the results when I weighed in on Saturday???????  I STAYED THE SAME!  I was so excited that I hadn't gained any weight, which I thought I might.  Also, I didn't exercise at all for the whole week.  I did get right back on track when I got back on Thursday and have been since.

This week I am using my Wii fit to do Yoga for 1/2 an hour every other day, as well as the advanced step and rhythm boxing.  I like knocking out the bag at the end of every session on the boxing. 

Today I did my Yoga, did the running activity, which winded me, then rode my bike with my Kube and music.  The problem is that the first 5 songs are all fast kick butt songs, which means I rode really hard for the first 15 minutes or so, which made it really difficult to smoke and sing.  But then, I barely made it home from the front of the neighborhood.  I thought I would die.  My legs hurt so bad!  I did manage to push through it to get home, but only because there was no other way to get there.  If there had been, I probably would have taken it.  And all I got for an hours' worth of exercise were 4 stinking activity points!  What the heck!  It sure felt like I should have gotten about 15 activity points.

My goal is to lose 60 pounds by July 18.  My friend is taking me on a 5 day cruise for my birthday!  I am so excited.  It is also a really great goal to work toward.  THANK YOU SUSAN! 

The one thing I don't understand is how that movie stars do it.  I know they must not really eat to stay so thin.  Their body is so much of their identity.  I am thankful that I am not a movie star!  I would be the most body dense woman in the spotlight!  Although I have to say that I am so looking forward to looking better and feeling better.  It would also be really nice if all my clothes weren't so tight!  Another week and a half down. 

Hoping for a big loss this week.......



Alias Mary Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment