Friday, January 7, 2011

1 Week Down

I have 1 week down on my quest to eat healthier, lose weight, and get in shape.  Actually, it hasn't been as difficult as I expected.  The headaches lasted longer than expected, I was hungry more than I thought I would be, but other than that, it's been a piece of cake! 

I don't weigh in until tomorrow, so I have no idea whether I have lost weight or gained weight, but I do have my fingers crossed.  This next week will be much more difficult, since I will be out of routine, but hopefully, I won't do too bad.

Now I am working on changing bad habits.  Eating can no longer be my back up plan for stress management.  Now, since I have experienced hunger (for the first time in ages), I am eating when I am hungry.  No eating out of boredom, nervousness, happiness, loneliness, or sadness.  Now, I am trying to only eat when I am hungry.  And not the pig portions I so love!  Moderation is the key!  I am really working hard on eating only what I need and then waiting for a while to see if I am still hungry or if I am satisfied.  I haven't been so full I could hardly move all week!  I am so proud of myself.  

I have also managed to ride my bike and work out using the Wii.  It is pretty sad when you can say that a video game made you break a sweat, but my Wii did.  The worst part of the Wii is stepping on the workout step and the stupid machine groaning at you.  Whose brilliant idea was that?  I am wondering if the stupid machine will go Yeah! when I actually am weighing closer to what I should or if it will always groan at me.  Someone out there has a really twisted sense of humor.....

I am asking for all prayers out there that I will manage to do ok next week and not beat myself up if I have some setbacks.  I am trying the old AA trick of 1 day at a time.  Whoever came up with that strategy truly is brilliant!  That actually does work, because most of us can do anything for just one day. 

One of the upper management talking heads sent out an email today about motivation and overall good things to live by.  There were 2 of them on there that I will use.  The first thing is to ask yourself this question every morning when you get up.  "What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” and the second thing is another question and statement when you go to bed at night: "What did I accomplish today?" and then spend a little time going over what I am thankful for that day.  I think looking for the good stuff every day will certainly help me become a better person.

If all of these self improvement strategies that I am working on actually work, I am going to be one heck of a woman.  Maybe a little closer to "Saint Mary".  And for all you doubting James' out there, just stand back and watch!

Aiming to be a better person next time........



Alias Mary Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment