Monday, October 25, 2010

The Wild Side

My wild side catches up with me every now and then.  (This is my toned down, getting older wild side.)  I went to the hairdresser on Saturday.  She is actually a friend of mine and I was a bit bummed because I still have not found the motivation to lose even an ounce.  So, I told her that I wanted 3 colors, I was tired of being hot and I don't like hair on my forehead.  I told her she could do whatever she wants.  So what did she do?  She gave me a fohawk? frohawk? something like that.  Whatever it is, it made me laugh out loud every time I look in the mirror.  Also, I teach a bunch of Hispanic boys and they are all constantly making sure their rooster hair is sticking straight up, so now I can do the same thing!  How cool is that?

However, I do work in a somewhat conservative district.......so today I fixed it differently.  It is much more respectful looking.  And definitely more boring.  Everyone likes it except my friend James.  But he doesn't really count.

It really doesn't look bad.  Not near as bad as when I tried to do it myself and it came out fluorescent!   A few years back I tried to dye it myself.  I've always been a bit hair challenged......and I have no idea how it could get messed up so badly, but it actually glowed.  A most unbelievable combination of pinks, purples, and oranges.  I had to go and get it professionally done, and it took more than one trip to the hairdresser.  Ended up costing me a fortune! 

Skilled hairdressers are highly underrated.  I have learned that it is definitely worth the money.  The only thing she is not able to do is make me look 50 pounds lighter like I asked.

I will talk at you soon.......

Alias Mary Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment