Monday, October 11, 2010

Catch 22

My husband and I went to Galveston this last weekend and stayed with a couple who are very good friends of ours.  I also brought along another friend with me, someone who keeps me honest and tells it like it is. 

We had a great time.  We went shopping, ate alot and rode bikes.  As I was talking with my friends, I realized what a mess I have gotten myself into with this weight issue.  As it is now, I am exhausted when I get home.  Granted, teaching is not for the faint of heart, but my goodness, I shouldn't feel like I have been wrestling alligators while trying to outwit Albert Einstein for the last 8 hours!  So my solution is to sit in my chair, surf the net and watch TV while I am nothing more than a mouth breather.

I have gotten so out of shape that bending over is a major feat.  If I bend over twice AND use the clacker to change channels, then I have completed my daily exercise routine.  It sometimes leaves me breathless!  Not really, but it is almost that bad.  

Anyway, I have let myself go to the point that any exercise is physically painful.  (It is amazing to me that walking up the stairs in my own house requires me to get psyched up to make the trip.) I don't want to exercise because I am too exhausted, yet I am never too exhausted to get up when that wonderful piece of dark chocolate is calling my name.....or the ice cream........or that wonderful piece of sourdough bread......or whatever those Gremlins in the kitchen seem to be yelling at the time. 

I did get a suggestion from the other person that actually read my blog (besides my daughter) from someone who goes by Silver Lining Lady.  Woohoo!  Someone else read my blog!  Anyway, she did offer some good suggestions, involving a personal trainer.  I am going to have to look into that.  I love the idea of getting physical again.  I actually used to like physical activity.  Right now, my favorite form of exercise is going to the masseuse and having her workout my stress and rub my muscles, while I lay there to the wonderful relaxing music and try to keep from dozing off. If she had a handsome man standing next to her feeding me bonbons and grapes, life would be perfect for that 55 minutes!

So, I will devote a little of my time this week to getting out of my chair and looking into getting a personal trainer.  Hopefully, they are not outrageously expensive and I can actually afford to start seeing one.  I will let you know what I find out.


Until next time.......


Alias Mary Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment